Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday's Featured Teacher and Freebie....Meet Chrissy Beltran

Meet Chrissy Beltran over at 
Buzzing with Ms. B!

Buzzing with Ms. B Button
What do you teach? And where? 
I'm a Literacy Leader for a K-5 Elementary School in West Texas!

What is one of your favorite memories in the classroom?
One year, my kids went to a baseball game with the PE department as a reward for excellence in PE. It was an AAA game at our local ballpark. They bought me a baseball and each of the kids signed it. On the front it said, "To Beltran." I guess Ms. was too much to add lol. I still have it in my classroom!

What was your hardest experience while teaching? How did you overcome it.
I think working with parents who were disinterested in their kids' education is always difficult. Find support through the school for these kids can help. One of my colleagues told me, "Parents who only have complaints and no support are still offering their best. That's the best they have to give their child: they think they're fighting for him by complaining." That helped me deal a little bit better with some especially difficult parents.

What advice would you give a new teacher or someone switching grade levels?
Find a buddy! Buddies can help you with every part of being a successful teacher. Also, be patient. If something doesn't work for you, don't hesitate to roll out something new that would work better. Once you find it, be consistent!


Chrissy would like to offer all followers a 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover